Saturday, November 12, 2011

The End of My Childhood

I will be 21 years old in a little over a month, yet my childhood didn't end for me until this past July. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 came out July 15 and I cried. As my boyfriend just pointed out to me, I wasn't even big into the series until I was 18, but HP was there for me when I was lonely when I started college-I could escape to Hogwarts and be with my new BFFs Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I could go on adventures and see lots of new things in my own imagination. I had always loved the movies-I can pretty much recite the first 6-but reading the books was utterly eye-opening to what the world of Harry Potter really involved. It was amazing! I love the series so much and therefore went to WalMart at midnight when the latest and last movie came out Thrusday night/Friday morning.

Please ignore the make-upless face :]

Yay! My collection is completed with the final 2-disc Special Edition DVD! Sooooo Happy!

The case while it still has the plastic and stickers on. 

 The outer case and then the inner DVD case. Nerd alert!

 The movie disc.

 The special features disc.

 My entire collection. Isn't it beautiful?!

 You can now see that I was not lying about the shelf in my room that is devoted to Harry Potter.

The collection again. With my light-up Hermione wand.

So, now you can see how much of a Harry Potter nerd I am. I hope you can relate to me on this. You may have to deal with it rather frequently and that wouldn't be fun for you. If you haven't yet read Harry Potter, or have tried to get through the first one and just can't get into it, try again! As soon as you get past the early slow part, you will not be able to stop. J.K. Rowling is an amazing author who really pulls you into the story-her quote from the final premiere holds true for all of the series's loyal fans, new or old: "Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." She single-handedly made reading cool again, and the entirety of Generations Y and Z can thank her for that.

Is HP your favorite series? Do you like the movies? The books? A different series? Is there a book that made you fall in love with the written word? Let me know! 
L

No comments:

Post a Comment