Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 17: Favorite Plant

Sorry! I didn't post on Tuesday, technically, even though it's still Tuesday in my book since I'm still awake :] I use Blogger in a separate internet browser than I do my cerfing (I promise that's really how it's spelled. A deaf man with the last name Cerf was one of the pioneers of the WWW) since my school email is with Google, but it doesn't allow any of the Google Apps, ie., Blogger. Anyway, I forgot to open up a Chrome window when I first got on the computer, so here I am at 1:15am to do a post. The life of a college kid.

I've never heard of someone asking what your favorite plant is. Flower, sure. But plant? I just stuck with flower because that's a type of plant and I actually have an answer to that:


The drawing says it's a daisy, which is my favorite flower, but the fact that I felt I needed to add the word to let you know what it was shows that I don't think I did very well at drawing one. I was actually wanting it to be white, but that just didn't work out. I like the red, but I think it's something you'd see on a gerbera daisy more than a common daisy. This actually takes me back to my younger days (not that I'm particularly old at a spritely 20 years) when flowers were the main thing any of my friends ever drew. There may have been a wonky bird or heart or rainbow with pot of gold and smiling clouds every so often, but flowers were an everyday, multiple times a day drawing. They're just so girly and there are so many ways to draw them!

There's actually a great drawing of a daisy that I love from art.com, but I can't get the gallery to work/show me other people's drawings. As soon as I get it to work, I'll get the real link up. Until then you should have some fun doodling your own drawings on there. Maybe you can press the 'view another' button enough and find the daisy on your own! It's really good for an online thing, especially since I originally saw it on there a long time ago before tablet computers were popular. If you are going to try drawing on there with a tablet, iPads won't work because the site does require Flash. I was hoping that Apple would start allowing Flash on their electronics since it was Steve Jobs who disliked the program (is that what it is?) so much, but we'll see as the New Guy starts putting out more products.

I'm off to bed with a glass of Ovaltine, and maybe a cookie or two. I have got to start trying to go to bed at a decent time! This whole fall asleep between 2 and 3 in the morning and wake up at 7 thing is just not doing it for me. And coffee doesn't help-not only does it make me nauseous a lot of the time, caffeine just doesn't wake me up, and it's not very good for you.

Anyway, goodnight! I hope your Tuesday was good and you'll have a wonderful Wednesday! It's going to be a chilly day for me :/ High of 57 with an overnight low of 28. Yikes. Keep warm if you're going to be in similar (or cooler) conditions!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment