Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 26: Something You Don't Like

All I could think of was food for this. There are some people I don't like, I guess. And some fashion statements? Yeah. . . food was the way to go on this one. I couldn't decide if it should be a lot of foods I dislike, or just one, but I thought the one I like the least would be best.


I'm not sure if it's possible, but I think disliking some foods must be genetic. My dad and I both hate cantaloupe. I can't stand the smell, the taste, that sickly color. Blech. Raychel and my mom, however, like cantaloupe just fine, so I know what it looks like enough to draw it. Fortunately, David doesn't like cantaloupe either, so I guess our kids will dislike it just from not ever trying it. I can handle that.

The drawing is supposed to be a cantaloupe with a section cut out so you can see that terrible pinkish orange color. Salmon is a pretty color. I love peach and coral. But I really dislike this awkward, like I said, sickly, color to this type of melon. Honeydew is no better. I also don't like bananas (I want to though), so I rarely order the fruit salad anywhere since it likely has all three of those fruits in it, plus a few grapes that have been contaminated with melon juice. . .

I sound like the pickiest eater ever right now, but don't fret. I eat plenty of good stuff. I like apples, and oranges, and grapes. I drink lots of juice (orange, apple, and cranapple), and I like corn, carrots, and green beans. I'm getting more used to fish, and I try to get most of my protein from dairy, which means I'm also getting loads of vitamin D and calcium. The only thing I'm probably missing is iron, which comes from meats and leafy green veggies; I'm trying to work on that though. Basically, there's no need to worry about the fact that I only like a few kinds of fruits and vegetables :]

What's your least favorite thing to eat? If you had been doing this drawing prompt, would you have stuck with food, or drawn something else you don't like?

Tomorrow's bound to be a great post if I do it at a decent time-which pretty much means my laptop will be coming to school with me tomorrow even though it doesn't normally. I really want to do this one justice :]
Until then,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment