Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 20: Something Orange


My Cowboy heart is hurting. Yesterday afternoon, two coaches of our Cowgirl basketball team died in a plane crash in Arkansas. Not only has the Orange Nation come together to mourn, the whole of the Big XII is supporting Oklahoma State.
God is funny sometimes in that today was the day I would share my drawing for 'something orange.' It was meant to be shared today; to remind us all of our unity as Cowboys and the good times we have all shared as a part of that.


I knew what I would draw today from the get-go; a cowboy boot with OSU...what I didn't know is that we would be the number two team in the nation! It was so exciting to see that news! This year I started hearing the term "Poke Choke" because our football team does really well in the first half of a game and then 'chokes' during the second half. Since the season started, I have not heard that term again! We are still undefeated with a record of 10-0 with a game coming up tonight. With this tragedy on our minds, we are sure to win for our school, for our orange family.

For those of you who are religious, lift up prayers for the families of Kurt Budke and Miranda Serner. Pray for peace for those who wear the Brightest Orange in the Nation, and especially for the girls these two great people coached. If you're not the praying type, think encouraging thoughts!

To my fellow Cowboys, we have gotten through this before! We will get through it again. We will always remember. Keep your heads up and rely on the each other as we move forward.


Remember to say "I love you," give hugs and kisses, and wear your orange with pride!

If you have any encouragement to give to the Cowboy Family please, please put it in the comments! We appreciate every good thought and every prayer lifted.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment