Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 18: Just a Doodle

I'm not super proud of this drawing. It was a weekend when it was "assigned" to me, so I didn't have a class to doodle it during. It is what it is, though. It's got pretty colors and lettering of course :]


I'm a fan of monograms, initials, names, etc. I just think they're fun to draw and color and there's so much you can do with them! I wish monograms were more in style as a way to recognize people instead of just something pretty on the towels they get at their wedding.
At the daycare I work at during the summers, we did American History last year as the topic of the summer and at one point made calling cards. The kids got to pick a couple of outlines for their name to go in and then they passed them out to each other to put in their little pouches for safe-keeping. The pouches were made of paper painted silver that the kids got to use a special pen on to make their monogram with some guidance from Miss Lauren :] It was fun and the kids were so excited that Miss Lauren and Mrs. Burgraff gave them their calling cards! It was precious! I miss those kids. But that was one way that I experienced that monograms could be useful and stylized.

That's it for today! Two drawings tomorrow! I had two things that I really wanted to draw that both fit the prompt :] Have a thrilling Thursday tomorrow!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment